Diamond News Agency > Diamond Industry > Rough Diamonds > The Largest Rough Diamonds in The World :

The Largest Rough Diamonds in The World

  keywords: Large Rough Diamond, Huge Rough Diamond, Cullinan, Excelsior, Star of Africa

The Cullinan Diamond is the Biggest Diamond in the World

Articles about the Cullinan Diamond – the world's largest rough diamond ever to be found on earth at a record breaking size of 3,106.75 carats (621.35 g). The Cullinan diamond was cut by the Asscher Brothers in Amsterdam.

The Excelsior Diamond

Articles about the Excelsior Diamond – the world's second largest rough diamond ever to be found on earth at a record breaking size of 3995.20ct. The Excelsior diamond was found during 1893 in South Africa Jagersfontein mine by one of the workers who gave it to the mine manager instead of to the gaurds.

The Largest Rough Diamonds in The World

keywords: Large Rough Diamond, Huge Rough Diamond, Cullinan, Excelsior, Star of Africa

Petra Sells 122.52-Ct Blue Diamond For $27.6 Million

Tuesday, Sep 16 2014 10:40PM  IDEX Online - Rough Market,
Petra Sells 12252-Ct Blue Diamond For $276 Million Petra Diamonds Limited has sold the 12252-carat blue diamond it recovered from the Cullinan mine in June for $276 million or $225269 per carat
Read More

122 Carat Blue Fetches $27 Million, Doesn’t Set Record

Tuesday, Sep 16 2014 12:49PM  JCK - News (redirected),
122 Carat Blue Fetches $27 Million Doesn’t Set Record

The 12252 ct blue diamond rough —one of the most significant gem finds in recent years—has been sold for $276 million far below the record price some were expecting 

That price works out to a $225269 a carat

Petra Diamonds which found the gem at its Cullinan mine in South Africa sold it to a partnership comprising an anonymous polisher which owns 85 percent and Petra which owns the rest 

The 12252 ct blue diamond rough found in June has been sold for $276 million far below the record price some were expecting

Sidebar 

 

...
Read More

Petra Sells 122.52-carat Blue Diamond for US$27.6 Million

Tuesday, Sep 16 2014 12:03PM  Diamond Investing News,
Petra Sells 12252-carat Blue Diamond for US$276 Million Petra Diamonds Ltd (LSEPDL) announced that it has sold a 12252-carat blue diamond recovered in June from its Cullinan mine to a beneficiation partnership made up of Petra and an undisclosed polishing partner
Read More

122.52 ct Cullinan diamond sold for $27.6m

Tuesday, Sep 16 2014 5:11AM  Mining Weekly | Diamonds,
12252 ct Cullinan diamond sold for $276m Diamond miner Petra Diamonds on Tuesday announced that the 12252 ct blue diamond recovered from its Cullinan mine in Gauteng in June this year has been sold for a value equivalent to $276-million to a beneficiation partnership The beneficiation partnership comprised Petra which had a 15% share and a polishing partner which wished to remain undisclosed 
Read More

Petra Sells 122.52-Ct. Blue Diamond for $28M

Monday, Sep 15 2014 10:36PM  Rapaport - News,
Petra Sells 12252-Ct Blue Diamond for $28M RAPAPORT Petra Diamonds has sold a 12252-carat blue diamond recovered from its Cullinan mine for $276 million or $225269 per caratThe diamond was sold to a beneficiation partnership Petra stated The partnership is 85 percent owned by a diamond manufacturer who requested to remain anonymous with the remaining 15 percent owned by Petra The miner explained that its polishing partner wil
Read More

232 Carat Diamond Unearthed at the Cullinan Diamond Mine

Thursday, Sep 11 2014 4:43PM  GemologyTidbits.com,
232 Carat Diamond Unearthed at the Cullinan Diamond Mine Another amazing diamond was discovered at the Premier Mine renamed the Cullinan Diamond Mine in South Africa The mine is known for the famous Cullinan diamond discovered in 1902 When found that diamond rough crystal weighed a whopping 310675 carats …
Read More
Cullinan

Huge Rough Diamond Discovered In South Africa

Tuesday, Sep 29 2009 8:25AM  Diamond news agency, David Berkovits
Huge Rough Diamond Discovered In South Africa A recent gem dug up at the historic Cullinan mine in South Africa weighs 507 carats It is believed to be the 19th biggest diamond ever discovered
 
Pave Engagement Rings